I had quite a week this week. It started out really good. I was excited to have family coming to visit, Austin's birthday was on it's way and we had two great parties planned, I started my gym membership and saw my trainer which went really well. Things were good. Then I started getting sick. Oh well I'll just suffer through a little head cold. How bad could it be? Well the in-laws get here and I break out in a really bad cold and loose my voice. Ok, I can keep going no big deal. We have Austin's first party with the cousins. That went well. Then that evening my knee starts hurting. It must just be arthritis acting up I'll just walk it off no big deal. The next day It's still hurting. I ignore it some more and just keep going. I still have no voice and visitors here. Austin's next party is the next day I have to push through this. That night it's starting to swell so I take some Advil and go to bed with my leg up on a pillow. The next day is Austin's birthday. The swelling is down so I just ignore it and just walk with a slight limp. So much to do for Austin no time to worry about it now. Still not much of a voice but oh well. We do the party and it's a blast. My knee is pretty sore so I put a brace on it then we do dinner with everyone. When we get home I finally get to look at my poor knee. I take the brace off to find it totally swollen! Huge! I take some more Advil. Still don't know what's going on with it but too much going on to think about it right now. I remembered I had a sample from my mom of an aloe product called MSM. It's for sore muscles and joints so I put some of that on it and go hang out with the family. Well about 20 minutes after I put that stuff on it the swelling and stiffness is gone! Wow! So I go to bed with it up. The next day it's so much better but still sore and I'm still sick but the family leave for there ski trip and I just stay home and rest all day. I put more of that stuff on it and it's really helping. I probably shouldn't have ignored it so long but my body just fell apart on the wrong week. I'm just going to take the next few days to rest and recover. I'm hoping I didn't do too much damage to my knee. I need to get back to the gym.
Sorry to hear you had such a rough week! Hopefully this week will be much better.
ReplyDeleteoh my what a week. It sounds like I need to order me some of that MSM because my knees always hurt. Mainly my left now it crunches all the way up the stairs.
ReplyDelete