We decided to try out a new reward system with the kids. Grounding and corner wasn't working at all so I came up with a new plan yesterday. so far today it's gone really good. I made a points system where we start the day with 30 points and they can earn more or lose them by doing good things or bad behavior. They use the points to watch their favorite shows or the Wii or computer games. They earn points by doing workbooks, art projects, exercise, reading and writing. They seem to be taking to it well. They'd have to do quite a bit to get the 2 hrs of screen time the doctors say to limit them to. They only earn 1-5 points at a time. Each point is a minute of time. Today was day one and went really well. I'm hoping it continues to go well.
No comments:
Post a Comment