Our family has found our selves dealing with problems and bad stuff coming at as one thing after the other lately. I've been soul searching the last week about all this and decided today that I need to make a list of all this stuff and turn it around. Everything that happens has a plus side. Something to learn or grow from. So here it goes.
1. Con: My cat got sick and I had to put her down. Pro: We don't have a pet to worry about when we go on vacation or to listen to my husband complain about when she makes a mess.
2. Con: My grandma gets diagnosed with cancer and is given 3-6 months to live. Pro: Now this one was hard. There is no pro to this one for me or my family. But if we think of her for a minute, she's about to be reunited with her eternal companion that she's been away from for many years! That is wonderful for her! I can only imagine how happy she will be back in his arms!
3. Con: We all got very sick with the H1N1 virus of which I had dreaded because of Austin's asthma. Pro: We came out the other side with no visits to the ER and while Austin did have problems he survived just fine. Now I don't have to worry about how he will handle it.
4. Con: I woke up yesterday with a double ear infection and had to go all day with cotton in my ears so I could be around my kids while Tony was at work. Pro: Today was a lot better and I got a prescription and it was only one day. That's the best I got for that one.
5. Con: Tony's class is super hard this time around and he is really stressing about it. It's been hard on the whole family because he's always worried about getting it done and can't spend time with the kids like they would like him to. Pro: it's only one more month and then he graduates and is done with school forever!
6. Con: My knee has never recovered and there's not a lot of options but to just live with it since the next option is not something I'm willing to do. Pro: With the help of some Advil I can do most everything I was able to do before and with more training I think it will get even stronger. I'm not going to let it hold me down.
That's the big things. I'm going to concentrate on the big picture and take things as they come. We aren't given more then we can handle!
Christmas 2015
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment